Physical Therapy ONE is your premier full-service physical therapy private practice. Our staff is trained to efficiently rehabilitate a variety of conditions. PT1 has chosen to focus on treatment of specific diagnoses related to our specialty training. The following are brief descriptions of the services provided at PT1:
Our Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy (VRT) specialist has been working with patients experiencing vertigo, balance, and dizziness problems since 1991. She has advanced training and Competencies Certificates in Vestibular Rehabilitation and Cervicogenic Dizziness. Extensive professional experience and compassion are the cornerstones for our program.
VRT may include habituation and adaptation exercises, canalith repositioning maneuvers (Eply is only one of the many maneuvers used), safety awareness, symptom management, postural control, dynamic gait/balance activities, therapeutic exercises, and manual therapy. Cutting-edge equipment improves the accuracy of the diagnosis and treatment techniques and minimizes the length of time a person is challenged with dizziness.
Common problems seen at our clinic:
- Benign Positional Paroxysmal Vertigo (BPPV)
- Vestibular Neuritis / Labryinthitis
- Motion Sensitivity
- Cervicogenic Dizziness (Dizziness From Neck Problems)
- Post-concussion Syndrome
- Migraines / Headaches
- General Balance and Dizziness Difficulties
For more information on vestibular disorders, please see www.vestibular.org.
Comments from previous patients:
- "Finally, someone understands."
- "Thank you for giving me my life back."
- "I thought I would be dizzy forever."
- "I only wish I came here sooner."
Physical Therapy ONE is proud to be one of the few providers in Michigan of the ASTYM system. The ASTYM system is a rehabilitative technique with documented effectiveness in the treatment of repetitive stress injuries and for conditions resulting in scar tissue. The ASTYM system is an advanced soft tissue technique that is scientifically based to promote correct healing of connective tissue when combined with traditional therapies. This noninvasive treatment has effectively enhanced the rehabilitation of a wide variety of musculoskeletal disorders.
We now have two therapists with extensive training in these issues including, but not exclusive to, urinary incontinence, pelvic floor dysfunction, management for organ prolapse and pelvic pain. Contact us and ask to be scheduled with Megan.
We now have two therapists with extensive training in these issues including, but not exclusive to, urinary incontinence, pre and post partum care, management for organ prolapse and pelvic pain. Contact us to be scheduled with Megan.
Wellness One is a program designed for patients who have completed their physical therapy and would like to continue exercising at our facility. Former patients enjoy exercising in a comfortable atmosphere and know that we are always available for assistance. This is a per month fee with no contract.
- Collect results to obtain age-normative data
- Determine specific individual return-to-sport criteria from baseline data
- Address any found deficits or risk factors
Baseline testing will include:
- Vestibular and balance testing
- Neuro-cognitive assessment
- Risk factor analysis
- Symptom screening
- Standardized testing
- Musculoskeletal evaluation
- Physical measurements
- Pathophysiology education to athlete and family
- Post-injury action plan
- Certificate of completion for 1 year
- Re-test after concussion if needed
- Results sent to physician